There is nothing good about coming home to find a puddle on your living room floor or under your kitchen sink. A leak is never going to be fun. What’s more, it can be damaging to your health since the longer leaks go on the more likely there is to be water damage.
So what do you do when you have a leak? The best thing you can do is call a professional to help fix your plumbing in Bartlett, TN. But there are other tips that can make this situation a lot easier to handle.
Tips For Handling Leaks
Discovering a leak in your home can be a stressful situation. Here are some tips to help you survive a leak with a little less worry and a little more ease.
- Watch for the signs to catch it early. There are signs that indicate you have a leak in your home and knowing what they are can help you catch it a little earlier on. These can include the sound of running water, increasing water bills, a running water meter, and low water pressure.
- Schedule a leak detection service. Leak detection is a service that plumbers can provide which can be used to better determine the location and severity of a leak. This allows us to address the leak much more effectively and efficiently.
- Have a plumber handle the repairs. We have to emphasize that the best choice you can make for your plumbing is going to be having a professional plumber to perform the repairs that your pipes need. Whether it is the drain line under your sink or there is a pinhole leak in your wall, one of our plumbers will help you get this issue addressed.
Is There a Way to Prevent Leaks?
The additional question that a lot of people have is whether there is a way to prevent the creation of leaks in your home. While leaks aren’t going to be 100% preventable, there are ways to make sure that those leaks are kept few and far between.
- Consider drain cleaning: Drain cleaning, specifically hydro jetting, can help to prevent the wearing down of your drain lines too early. The build-up of residue in your drains can eventually start to eat through that pipe and cause a leak.
- Add a water treatment system: A water treatment system can make a huge difference for your water quality because it removes excess minerals or salts. This can also reduce the chances of limescale build-up which might wear down your pipes and drains faster than usual.
Need help with your plumbing system? If so, we can help. A professional plumber from our team is going to be able to take care of your plumbing needs such as leaks or backed-up pipes. We have the tools, experience, and know-how to get any plumbing job done. Contact Automatic Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing to get your leaks taken care of without the stress. Since 1943, it’s been Automatic in Memphis!