Can you imagine trying to get through the week without any hot water? Dishes wouldn’t be as clean and showers would be uncomfortable, to say the least. The thing is, you don’t need to live in a home without a hot water heater to be dealing with a leak of warm water. If you have a water heater that is malfunctioning, it can put you at risk of being without any warm water. So if you have a problem with your hot water supply, it may be time to reach out to a professional plumber in Southaven, MS for repairs.
How Do I Know Something is Wrong With My Hot Water Heater?
If there is a problem with your water heater, it is going to become more apparent the longer it goes unaddressed. The key is to catch any repair need that your water heater has before it has a major impact on your comfort. These are the warning signs that you need to watch for so you can avoid that involuntary icy shower:
- Loud rumbling or kettling: Your water heater isn’t going to be silent when it operates. This doesn’t mean that every noise it makes is normal though. Rumbling or a high pitched whine known as kettling are both bad noises you don’t want to hear from your water heater.
- Fluctuating water temperatures: When you turn on your shower or the hot water tap in your bathroom, you should get a steady flow of hot water. If, instead, you get water that is hot then lukewarm then cold and back again, it means your system is struggling.
- Low water pressure: When you turn on the hot water but there is only a trickle of water coming out of the faucet, this is a sign something is wrong. Whether it is a leak or build-up in the lines, it needs to be addressed ASAP.
- Increasing energy bills: Have you noticed that the energy bills you’ve been getting are on the rise? Your water heater may be the cause. If your water heater is struggling it could lead to the use of extra energy.
- Your water is discolored: Is there water coming out of the faucet or showerhead that is red or rusty in color? If so, it is the sign of a problem in your water heater than needs to be repaired by a professional.
Get Your Repairs Taken Care Of
Is there something that seems off about your water heater? If so, you shouldn’t ignore it. At the least, a professional technician can come out to perform some overdue maintenance that addresses a small issue. Otherwise, that same technician can also diagnose and perform repairs that will restore the effectiveness and efficiency that your system should have. Don’t leave a system this important in the hands of an amateur.
Contact the trained technicians at Automatic Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing to restore the operation of your water heater. We are the professionals you can rely on. Since 1943, it’s been Automatic in Memphis!