We’ve all read those books involving individuals who have to walk long distances simply to get fresh water for drinking, cooking, and cleaning. Thankfully, with the advent of modern plumbing, homes throughout our country can enjoy fresh, clean water that is brought straight to us. That is what our main water lines provide us with.
This part of your plumbing system can run into trouble. When that happens, it will have a big impact on your daily life. If the main water line is ruptured during a construction project, for example, it means days without fresh water for your home. A plumber in Southaven, MS can help to repair and maintain your main water line.
How to Tell There Is a Problem With Your Main Water Line
If you need help getting your main water line into working shape again, you will need the aid of a professional. Unless you are a professional plumber with the right tools to see the issue underground, diagnose it, and address it, you will need to contact a trained plumber to get the job done. First, you’ll need to know when to contact us. Keep on the alert for these warnings signs of a problem with your main water line:
- Low or no water pressure. This is the biggest sign that something is up with your main water line. When you turn on any water-using appliance and discover that there is little to no water pressure, usually the issue originates with a problem in your water line.
- Discolored or bad-testing water. When you run a tap in your home, the water should come out clean and clear. If you have water that is rusty and metallic in taste or smell, this may indicate an issue with your pipes or your main water line. A professional plumber can identify and address the issue.
- The yard is flooded. Unless you have a small pond built into your front yard, large puddles or flooding in the area around your house should immediately tell you something is up. A main water line that has a leak or has burst open will flood your yard. Make sure to get the issue repaired before it harms the foundation of your home!
- Hissing, whistling, or bubbling sounds. When you run a tap in your kitchen or a bathroom, do you hear strange noises? Sounds like hissing, bubbling, gurgling, and others can indicate an issue with your main water line that has allowed air into your pipes.
- A big spike in your water bill. Last but not least, check your water bill! Take note of any discrepancies or huge spikes in costs. If you have a large increase in your bill that hasn’t gone away, it may be from a problem with your main water line.
Whether it is an issue as big as a faulty main water line or as “small” as a leaky faucet, you can rely on Automatic Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing for the plumbing services you need. Since 1943, it’s been Automatic in Memphis!